Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Racism is Everywhere....

...this comes from right outside of Seattle. Fucked up, and there were more awful signs on other parts of the place that i didn't get pictures of.



Sad. Very sad. At least (too bad) that it's everywhere for everyone instead of just focused on a few folks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other news. Started a new type of eating. Went to the grocery store and a-here we go.

Breakfast:

1 large bowl of Cinnamon Life Cereal
1 Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt.

Lunch:

1 Slice of Herbed Turkey Breast
1 Carrot
~20 oz Blue Goodness Smoothie
1 Georgia Peach!

Coffee:
20 oz Iced Green Tea

Dinner:
1 Serving of Whole Wheat Pasta w/ Red Sauce
1 Spinach Salad in Wasabi Vinagrette

Coffee:
12 oz Coffee (doh!)

Midnight compulsion:
3 tablespoons of roomie's peanut butter. Not fully conscious, couldn't help it.

I've discovered that I cannot sustain the athletic activities that I do regularly eating only fruits and vegetables, the full liver cleanse will have to wait. Yesterday, I ate no refined sugar. We'll see how that goes overtime. I'm breaking my alcohol ban as I type...Oops?

-the keverend al sharpton.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You sure about the "not eating refined sugar" thing?

Cinnamon Life Cereal definitely has it. I bet the yogurt, smoothie, green tea, and pasta sauce did too.

I'm sure you heard enough about this already, but paleo + intermittent fasting = goodness.

Unknown said...

dude, achiang beat me to the punch with that comment. For breakfast with no refined sugar, try plain yogurt or oatmeal with a reasonable amount of honey and fruit or no-sugar added jam, and nuts, or a sugar-free cereal. you gotta check the label. Also, to help with protein, get yourself some natural raw trail mix and start eating some whole grains. and find and listen to Don Cherry's "Brown Rice" which may make you want to eat brown rice.

Unknown said...

also here is a delicious smoothie recipe

2 c. frozen banana chunks
1 c. orange juice (a little more if needed)
1/2 tsp vanilla

blend til freezy and delicious. tastes like dreamsicle. discovered it at tianguis the other day, irasema is going to call it "dawn's dreamsicle"

chewingmedulla said...

I'll tell you - when I did the liver cleanse, I never cut out meat proteins, I just limited my intake. 12 ounces, per day, generally spread over 3 meals. 2 eggs with tons of veggies in the morning, then some kind of super lean meat for lunch and dinner. Fish on my salad, then chicken and veggies for dinner, or something like that. I was doing two plays and going to school full-time, it wasn't advisable for me to learn to get all of my protein from vegetables at that time in my life.

So, something to think about.

Maybe try to get as many fresh ingredients as possible - tomatoes and basil and garlic instead of pasta sauce, and the like.

I'm reading. Now that I know you're going to post about food every day, I will be reading as often as possible. I'm excited to see what happens, darlin.