Friday, August 8, 2008

Perversions of MN Chains Abound...

Part 1...The now customary preface to my dietary entry:

Ever since I was a man too young for liquor but too cool for the arcade there has been the coffee shop. I'm really hoping to outgrow it soon, seeing as I've killed oh-so-much time in them for several years now, but given my current state of loneliness, they seem like the place to be (at least for now).

Given their nature, coffee shops tend to be unique to their areas (we can all assume the Starfucks and CariBoo and Seattle's Worst to non-factors in this passage). However, one that has always had a very home-y feel, but can always be recognized through their menu graphics is the ERC E> (Espresso Royale Cafe <3). They also have such distinguishing characteristics as sullen, semi-cute, surly baristettes (again, not counting a bright, beautiful young Blake Bolan), so-so soups, and weird heart-heathy, whole-food-type oatcakes things.

What is odd about this plae is that I have only seen them in places I live, never in places I visit. I'm not sure if this means I should hang out there or not. I did in Minneapolis because it was in a space that was sort of like a converted hallway, which I liked. I did in Manhattan because it seemed like Java was for old people. Now it is a difficult decision because Jittery Joes (which seems to have an abundance of creeps) is a mere 3 minute bike ride, compared to the 20 it will take me to get to the Southern ERC (heart shape).

Food (rough day, cleanse begins Mond-y).

Breakfast:
1 Bowl Cinnamon Life Cereal w/ Mild

Coffee:
Med Iced Vanilla Latte (mmm. girl. drink.)

Lunches:

Chic-Fil-A (Dear Jesus I love this chain)
1 Deluxe Chick-Fil-A Sandwich
1/2 Regular Waffle Fries (Better for you than the cut-up variety, me-thinks)
1 Regular Coca Cola

Snack:
A few gulps of Green Goodness Smoothie

Coffee:
Medium Iced Tea (black)

Dinner:
1/2 Heap of Cream Cheese Wontons made by Roomie, who continues to grow on me.

WEAKNESS (11:30 pm):
1/4 Pound Bacon Cheese Rally Burger
1 Double Slice Kroger Yellow Cake with Fudge Frosting
~6 Shots Jim Beam
18 oz Dr. Pepper

Man, that last part killed it. And this post was full of alliteration. If my blog was a kid show, an animated animal would race all of the children at home (represented in the show by a strange child-chorus "Wight Theyw!" track) to find all of the examples.


-kevliteration

No comments: