Monday, August 18, 2008

Had to write something down...

...if I do it here, I'm likely to see it again and remember that I read it.

An absurd passage from an "Observation, Speculation, and Modeling" by Charles Lave and James March (reading for school):

"To speak of pleasures is probably dangerous and certainly pretentious. Few people rely solely on any social science for their pleasures, and attaining a suitable level of ecstasy involves work. We regret the latter problem. It is a nuisance, but God has chosen to give the easy problems to the physicists. We do not regret the former problem. We have no intention of suggesting that poetry and sex be abandoned. Rather, we invite you, in the moments between Byron and bed, to join us in speculating about ordinary human existence". (pg 10, Essential Readings in Comparative Politics).

Weird.

-kevling

1 comment:

Elsabeth said...

Hey! Ok, so I don't check regularly... like, I didn't know you were blogging about food. After a brief perusal of the entries, looks like you're shaping up your eating habits a lot - is this going to be permanent?

I'm going to check on you more regularly now.

miss ya