Saturday, August 30, 2008

Football

Football. Football. Football.

Athens totally shuts down for Football. I don't know whether it is because the town is horribly laid out, or because people just love it that much.

This is not like Manhattan, Kansas shuts down, where residents put magnetic decals on their purple cars and everyone can drive about 20 miles/hr, and people barbecue in the parking lot (which accommodates most of the people who come) and then they go drink at Rusty's Last Chance Bar and Grill or Rusty's Salloon or Rusty's Outback or Rusty's Mother's House. No.

Instead.

Absolute. Gridlock.

Banks are not open. Restaurants close early. Other Reasons for living cease to be relevant.

I was advised to stay in my house. It was not a joke.

In other news, I started reading John Darnielle's blog, Last Plane to Jakarta (www.lastplanetojakarta.com). I cannot love the Mountain Goats or that man any more than I do. My run-in with him, my friends' run-ins with him, his music, his blog. I should stop learning anymore, lest what is perhaps my final music-man-infatuation dissolve. Because lets face it, having heroes feels really good.

Friday, August 28th:

Breakfast:

1 Bowl of Hearty Morning (or whatever the fuck it was, I'm out of it, and I've called its something different everytime I've written it down). With milk.

Lunch: Cali-N-Tito's Latin Cafe

1 Steak Cubano w/ Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Jalapeno

Coffee:

1 Medium Iced Americano

Happy Hour:

1 Terrapin Rye Ale
1 Terrapin Golden Ale
1 More Terrapin Rye Ale
1 Drink of Someone's Something Beer
1 16 oz Can of Colt 45

Weakness:
1 99 cent Crispy Chicken Sandwich
1 99 cent Junior Cheeseburger Deluxe
1 Glass of Milk


Saturday August 29th:

Breakfast: 5 Point Deli

1 Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich on White Bread with Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo and Onion.

Coffee:
1 16 oz Coffee

Snack:
Hummus
Handful of pita Chips.

Post Workout:

~20 oz Milk.

Dinner: Subway

Roast Beef Sandwich on Italian Herb & Cheez with lettuce, tomato, onion, banana pepper cucumber and spicy mustard
1 Bag of Original Sunchips.

Drinking:
1 Goose Island Summer Ale
~4 8 oz Jim Beam and Dr Pepper Drinks
1 Shot Ron Rico Pineapple and Coconut Rum.

Tomorrow's it, then I won't blog about what I eat anymore unless it's what I like eating.


luvs and luvs,
-kevpletion

No comments: