Monday, February 8, 2010

i been...

...in a kinda blue-ish hue.

That's prolly why i been writing a lot about music and my life's little oddities and not much stuff i think about real stuff.

I think i've also avoided heavier topics cause my brain's been pretty gummed up recently. Nothing's coming out particularly clear. My sister says that this thing i wrote about the mountain goats reads like a confused high school girl's account of her new BF's erratic behavior. That's fair. If anyone were actually reading my space letters, it's prolly pretty clear that i'm preoccupied about some stuff.

Stuff.

But whatever!

If you've been feeling kinda this way too...this song's for you! It is my Mildly Depressed Person Late Winter Jam!

It's pretty much perfect for when you feel like you might lack some things, but things are going right, but you can't quite appreciate them cause of the things you're worried you might be lacking.

The song is called "I ain't got no...I got Life." It's by Le Volume Courbe. i don't know anything about the person/people who made this song except that they made it.

You can listen to it here.

I heard it because of a music blog called a Motel de Moka that i'll peruse now and then. I dislike 80% of the music they put up there. I really really really like 15% of it. I have a feeling it wasn't created for folks like me, but i'm glad it's there nonetheless.

I hope you like that song.


-kevbruary

4 comments:

chewingmedulla said...

i want to listen.

the link and i didn't hit it off.

do you know another way 'round?

kt said...

Go to the Motel de Moka blog.

It's under part IV of #10 in the "top 200 tracks of the 2000's" post.

Thanks for cluing me in, BeeBee.

kt said...

Can also be heard here:

http://bozukkaset.blogspot.com/2009/01/renciyem-ezelden.html

Helphands Abroad said...

i do like that version... tres cool. check the high priestess of soul:

studio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOwuBurwzbs&feature=related

live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUcXI2BIUOQ&feature=related

remix (so happy!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw5mPhl1Njw&feature=related