Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I still really like....

...Rockn'rollmusic

Went to see Pinback, it was enjoyable to see a band I've loved since high school, even if I haven't heard their two most recent records.

A couple of thoughts are:

-They sound better in studio. I haven't really ever seen a show where I felt this way, but they put their stuff together meticulously, at home, on a laptop, over the course of years. And it sounds really fucking good. Live, they upped the tempo, added extra drums, and whinier vocals. So, not really amazing. But. They still played the songs I wanted to hear, and those songs still gave me chills.

-Weird crowd. A lot of semi-fratty boys dancing awkwardly. Similar number of sorority? Type girls dancing awkwardly. Lots of people with beards. I'ma shave mine clean off.

-The bass-player/2nd vocalist is fucking awesome. He's really really good. And watching him play some of the first bass lines I ever learned enthusiastically and with variations I could never dream of thrown in was a real treat.

I think I want to start spending lots of time playing music again.

2x 2L calling CQ New York. Isn't there anyone on the air?

-kevback.

ps. Real bassists play 4-string.

No comments: