Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I love...

...Frisbee.

I admit it, it is a game that makes me very happy because even though I am a huge basket case and can't stop having neurotic thoughts all day everyday even for a second, when I play Ultimate frisbee, everything else goes away and I can be mechanical and have pure reactions for a couple of hours 3-5 times in a day.

Doubts go away.
Nervous reflection on the immediately preceding moment goes away.
I scream fuck and shit and can be a huge jerk, but it comes from a totally uncalculated place and it is better to be a jerk in that moment, when I can reasonably apologize for it later than in a setting where I might do irreparable damage to a relationship.
My body does things I don't expect it to do, and that's really fun.
At the end of the day, I feel exhausted, but I don't feel tired

I will try to play this game until I am too old to play anymore.

That post was a lame post, not interesting or particularly funny or irreverent. But it was sincere.

Sometimes I do that.

Here ares some pictures of me playing frisbee.





-Kevdog

2 comments:

chewingmedulla said...

Hell.

Yeah.

Man.

Elsabeth said...

Three cheers for not-at-all-lame, completely awesome and sincere posts. Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!

I sincerely wish we'd thrown together more when we were roommates. I think it was my fault for being busy.