Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ain't No Party in the Police State...



I've only seen pictures, but it appears that the suppression of free speech at the Republican National Convention is everything they said it would be."Free Speech Zones", cattle routes, and police in riot gear. A few of my friends were on the front page of the Minneapolis Star Tribune (www.startribune.com, look up the slide show and video), being marched prisoner-style along a lawn.

I am so proud of them. And everyone else who marched. Not necessarily because I think the party is the most productive thing to protest, but because I think they are extraordinarily brave to risk their bodies in speaking their minds.

awed,
-k

1 comment:

Helphands Abroad said...

Kevling:
I am back from the land of enchantment. Did you see they arrested Amy Goodman!? ANyhow, be careful how you break you fast, k? I myself went buck wild in NM, eating cornmeal foods (gasp!!) and dried fruit (shriek!!), then returned home to find my storehouse of raw cashews infested with grain moths. eew. Anyway, give a call...