Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Someone's comin' fer me...

I found $20 in the hallway of my apartment building today.

I can't help the sneaking suspicion that someone planted it there. Waiting. Waiting for some unsuspecting dupe to commit an act of ill-will such that the rightful owner of said twenty dollars would come back to the place they might have lost their money, hypothetically, and not find the money. As a result, that poor victim, theoretically imagined by my fictional assailant, would be crushed..

So, as punishment for failing this intricate test of ethics, I'm gradually becoming more paranoid that I'll wake up tomorrow morning, or some other morning, you never know with psychos like the one I've imagined, that I'll wake up tomorrow morning with a portrait of Andrew Jackson carved into my left buttock.

For roughly 16 cups of coffee, I believe I'm willing to take that chance.

-kev-lo

1 comment:

chewingmedulla said...

I found $10 in the snow two days ago.

I think it was the universe saying, "here you go, sweetheart. Remember how good those whiskeys were when I'm kicking your ass."