Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sometimes you see weird shit...

...on the Manhattan bridge.

And sometimes bizarre things are happening, too.

I bike across the Manhattan bridge at least twice a day, most days. Today, I was wearing a backpack that brought my body weight up from 165 lbs to 210 lbs. I don't think that's healthy. That's neither here nor there.

Today, I saw three things that made me shake my head. Two of them made me smile. See if you can you guess them in a 'how well do i know kevin?' pop quiz:

A/ Family of tourists collectively ride into the oncoming biker lane in order to get into the frame of a photo being taken by dad, who has dismounted from his bike in the middle of the lane designated for bikers going in my direction.

B/ Guy has dismounted from his bicycle to scale the railing between the bike lane and the place where the train runs to smoke a J and stare into the Hudson.

C/ Man is huffing and puffing on a mountain bike pulling his baby in a Burley trailer. Closer inspection reveals that his baby is actually a small dog. Even closer inspection reveals that the dog is having a fucking awesome time.

If I knew how to put letters upside-down on blogger, I would post the answers below, newspaper-jumble-style.

Miss you bunches,
-kevley

4 comments:

Helphands Abroad said...

muse yr panniers?

Helphands Abroad said...

I mean, use them?

Laura said...

http://www.fliptextgenerator.com/

(uʍop ǝpısdn ǝʇıɹʍ oʇ ǝʇıs sıɥʇ ǝsn)

Laura said...

oh, and it's B and C...no contest.