Thursday, April 15, 2010

A quick word on...

...Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce



Made some fried chicken last night. It was...pretty good. Nice texture, served at the right temperature, breading stayed on. Unfortunately, it came up wayyyy short on flavor. Chalk it up to inadequate marination and not enough seasoning. Checked the fridge, no ketchup, no quality barbecue sauce, no dry seasoning that could do it. Clearly I'm DOOMED, right?

Not to be, friends.

Turns out we had some Frank's Red Hot that was left by my old awesome roommate whose husband loves chicken wings. We put that shit on the fried chicken and BAM! TASTE. SENSATION. Today, I mixed it accidentally with some bizarre salad dressing i made this week out of beer and mayonnaise. TASTE. SENSATION. These events alone probably wouldn't normally be enough reason for me to devote an entire twenty minutes to writing a blog post lauding a chicken wing sauce.

The fact that they play this ad on my favorite hip-hop station definitely is.



It's definitely better on the radio. Still, you get the idea of why i might have grown to love this hot sauce product so quickly.

I put that shit on everything.

-kev's red hot

No comments: