Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's a week for...

...masters.

I guess i'm officially one. A 'master' of international affairs. Whatever the fuck that means. Technically, it means i defended a thesis last thursday and i'll get a degree conferred upon me in May that indicates that i'm qualified to...well, to do something. Not sure what yet.

I also took my dad to see the Masters Golf Tournament. It's not something i would do for myself. But he likes golf. Look how much he likes golf!:



We saw tiger woods.



My dad tried to give him a fist bump. Tiger was having none of it.



Here i am with Vijay Singh. I think Vijay Singh is a good golfer.



Really, as pro golf tournaments go, this one was pretty awesome (admittedly, I've never seen any other pro golf tournaments). I saw a bunch of good golfers up close, i got to hang out with my dad, the weather was nice, the beer was cheap. There was one thing missing, though.

Shingo Katayama. He may have overtaken some other guys as my favorite pro golfer ever.



You'll notice that this is the one foto pulled from the internet.

This is because even though we made a frantic effort to find one very awesome Japanese guy in one very tiny cowboy hat, our mission was not accomplished.

His cowboy hat is so tiny!

-kevgusta

p.s. I'm moving to new york city.

2 comments:

Au said...

Congratulations!

Now I have one more reason to take the bus to NYC. I've been putting it off for a year and a half now. When are you moving?

kt said...

Early june, i think