Thursday, April 16, 2009

Today...

...I will send 2 seemingly contradictory things.

I like them both very much and I think this of this as a kind of nice showing of 2 of the many sides of me.

Side 1:

Livin in a small town, you can see you enemies from miles and miles away.
They know when you're at the liquor store, and when you're at the library.
I know this woman Teri. Man, she's a real screw up.
But we like to keep her around cause it makes us feel good.
Like, "Man, I'm glad I'm not that messed up".
Living in a small town, you can see your enemies from miles and miles away.
I like to go walk around downtown on Sunday morning,
When the squares are all in church, and the hipsters are still asleep.
I feel like I can finally walk in peace.
I know this woman little blue, she's only about 5'7''
But when she's on her tip toes, she must be...a million feet tall!
All the way up to the Moon!

-Roughly quoted from John Wilkes' Booze 5 Pillars of Soul

Side 2:



Kitty Pride,

-kevinleeguebaseball

1 comment:

Helphands Abroad said...

O JWB.... nostalgia lives in my fantasy memory of your basement house-party performance... it represents the very essence of that part of me now consigned to history... all sweat and spilled beer and aimless fervor and righteous howl and cigarette smoke.