Thursday, November 11, 2010

Techno...

...fail.

(I've grown generally opposed to the 'fail' phenomenon, mostly due to being around someone who hates it more than I do, but nothing else really gets at the heart of this situation as well as that turn-of-internet)

First, watch this for some context:



Great song. Totally catchy. Also quotable.

Another piece of vital information: my phone is a blackberry that is highly prone to pocket calls.

Now, the story.

Wednesday night, I was sending text messages to a friend about the fact that I was drinking a whiskey that she used to drink a lot of, Old Crow. Basically, I sent her a text-toast.

She replied that she had long-since stopped drinking Old Crow and had moved on to drinking Bulleit, which is a respectable, if bourgie, choice.

In my mind, there was only one obvious retort. (See: video).

I slept whiskey-well that night...fast forward to the next morning.

Did the normal get up, walk dogs, walk to the train, hate everything on the train, walk to school thing, and right before I entered the building I thought it would be good to turn the ringer off on my phone (avoiding classroom embarrassment).

This is what I saw:



...plus ~14 of the same messages that there's not room on the screen of a phone to display.

"Abuelito" is my grandfather. He is a)very old, b) not really that tech savvy, and c)not totally English proficient.

God I hope he doesn't have a plan that lets him get text messages.

Oh you fancy, huh?

-pockev calls

No comments: