Friday, September 25, 2009

If you live in a town...

...where A Hawk and a Hacksaw is going to play in upcoming days, months, or years.

Go see them.

Do not make excuses not to go see them. Do not say you will see them the next time they are in your town. Go see them.

(But make sure to show up late because the people they are touring with are gawd-offal. I think they were called Damon and Naomi. Just bad.)

I won't link them, they are better live (but if you want to get an album or a song because you believe in me, their recorded stuff is good too).

Also, I won't try to write about what kind of music they play or why it is so very, very good because during some idle musings on the internet the other day I googled "Bitchfork Media" and got a whole slew of results that guided me away from wanting to do that any more at all ever.

I will say that it's a bunch of instruments atypical of those usually found at shows in rock clubs and the lead is an accordion and fingers fly and pretty things come out.

Sunday or Monday I am going to see Sunn O))) play in a church. I expect rad things.

Music makes you lose control.

-a kevin and a kevin

1 comment:

Todd said...

This seems like something I would like because I like things that are good. Also, I like you.