Friday, July 11, 2008

In case you wanted to care...

I'm organizing immigrants in Illinois, outside of Chicago.

This is a weird job, complete with politicians' conspiracies to make sure that brown people don't register to vote, intra-employee romance drama, and bosses assuring us that it's essential to "celebrate" (drink) at 11 pm when we're all dog-tired to maintain our sanity.

I work Tuesday thru Sunday, 10 hour days, so forgive me if I haven't kept in touch at all. It's to the point that I don't play ultimate anymore. I will occasionally sneak a look at Facebook, if that seems like something you want to do.

One thing that has occurred to me as I've worked, is that career community organizers can generally be characterized as funny-looking, awkward-for-any-reason-you-can-think-of people. I fit right in.

I'm moving to Georgia in 20-ish days.

Miss you.

-kayperv

1 comment:

Elsabeth said...

Hey Kev-

sounds like you're loving your job. How'd that schedule clash work out - moving to Georgia even though you have more time to spend in Illinois?

You don't have to answer these, but I miss you too.